Each Day I choose a particular Daily Inspiration for myself, that I will share with you. Sometimes it comes as a one word post, some days it is an inspirational video or song, and sometimes, it’s an affirmation. I am kept inspired each day to continue my mission of helping others create their Best life of Health, Happiness, and Prosperity.
Today I offer you something from one of my longtime mentors, Jim Rohn:
Let’s begin by calling in our imagination for creativity today!
Tip of the Week:
This has been a tough topic for me for so long. Why is it that some of us would rather spend our time, energy, and effort, always concerned about the welfare of others, but hardly ever ask or take the time to take care of ourselves? This is a BIG topic out there in the world. With so much going on in our lives, always busy with being busy, and never feeling like we are doing enough, it’s no wonder the squeaky wheel always seems to get the attention first. Only to leave the rest of us, hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. Or all of the above.
There is a lesson here, I promise. I’m going through the same challenges of those who have a high need to be needed, to be liked, to be pleasing, etc. However, my hubby always brings me back to, “put the oxygen mask on yourself first, before you do anyone else”. Are you serious?
Absolutely. We need to start valuing ourselves. Valuing our time, energy, and efforts. I’ve come to realize that I’m just as valuable as anyone else, and the value I place on myself will determine the value someone else places on me.
It’s a very difficult decision to make at times, and honestly, it’s only because I am making the decision difficult to make. Self-care is a choice. I am going to wager that it’s importance ranks way up there. Like breathing.
- Learn and understand your value, and believe it.
- Allow yourself to nourish your mind, body, and heart, Daily.
- Nourish your mind with positive and uplifting inspirational messages. Give yourself a compliment Today!
- Nourish your body with healthy foods, and physical movement. Just Move J
- Nourish your heart with a warm bubble bath, with your favorite essential oils, or make the time to get a pedicure in one of those massage chairs.
- Drink water. If you don’t like water, do what I do, and make it “essential tea” by placing a couple drops of Lemon, Grapefruit, and Ginger essential oils in warm-hot water. Yum.
- Journal on a daily basis. Pick a time when you first wake up, when your mind is fresh. Write your ONE goal of the day towards what YOU want for YOU.
- Schedule your Self-care time, if you are a scheduler.
- Know that it takes practice. Lots of practice J
- BREATHE – BREATHE – BREATHE !!
Gift of the Earth:
Nearly 3,000 lemons are needed to distill just over 2 pounds of lemon essential oil. This equals about 50 lemons per 15mL bottle. And this is probably the first essential oil I recommend for Self–Care. It’s detoxifying, anti-bacterial properties, with an energizing and uplifting aroma, that can be used in many different ways. Try adding a couple drops into a glass of water each day for relief as a natural digestive aid. A top tip of self-care is to drink water. Seriously, not only is water hydrating to the skin, drinking lemon essential oil in your water helps (you know what), to assist with the time we (often) don’t take in the bathroom. A daily gentle and delicious way to rid the body of toxins. You gotta take the time, folks! That lethargic feeling is often a result of built up toxins in our system. Now check out this delicious Lemon treat below!
Tip: Keep a bottle in your pantry as Lemon oil can also be added to food and cocktails. Yum!
Recipe: Lemon Buttercream
Cream one stick of butter in an electric mixer for 1–2 minutes until fluffy. Slowly add 3 cups powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until mixture is smooth. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 drops Lemon oil and mix until combined. Add 1 tablespoon heavy cream and mix at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2–3 minutes. Pairs perfectly with cupcakes or cookies.